Recoil helically wound wire thread inserts can be used to strengthen threads, giving applications a longer life. Each insert sharing the load over the entire bolt and hole, improving holding or pull out resistance. With a Recoil insert installed, a more even distribution of load and stress can be achieved. Recoil inserts are generally made of type 304(18-8) stainless steel wire rolled into a diamond shape cross-section.
Recoil inserts can be supplied in other materials such as Inconel, Nimonic 90, Nitronic 60, Phosphor Bronze and type 316 Stainless Steel.
Standard inserts are free-running, but screw-locking inserts are also available. Both free-running and screw-locking inserts are available on plastic strips for automated tooling systems
- Lightweight yet robust design gives superior holding power
- Quick and simple installation process
- Extensive stock of METRIC, BSW, UNC, UNF, BSC, BA, BSP and NPT inserts
- Large variety of materials and coating options
- Special lengths and diameter pitch combinations available to order
- A wide range of tooling options available